A good-looking, healthy smile relies on a complete set of teeth. Our prosthodontist, Dr. Ashwini Bhave, offers various options for high-quality dentures customized to suit your dental needs. Dr. Bhave completed three additional years of advanced training, a residency and a one-year fellowship in dental implant surgery. Her experience and skill in complex cases and replacement teeth ensure her patients achieve durable, natural-looking dentures.
Bay Area Dental Specialists offers complimentary new patient specials for a complete dental exam and X-rays. Dr. Bhave will examine your teeth and evaluate the fit of your dentures if you have them already, and go over your options for restoring a full smile, which may include:
- Full Dentures: Full dentures replace an entire arch of missing teeth for better oral health and improved speech and chewing capabilities. Dr. Bhave will create your set of complete dentures with the correct bite alignment needed for optimal function and a comfortable fit.
- Partial and Non-Metal Partial Dentures: Partial dentures hold onto the adjacent remaining teeth and are held in place by clasps. Traditional partial dentures use metal clasps and are made of rigid acrylic. We also offer non-metal partial dentures created with biocompatible medical-grade materials and custom-made at our local lab for a lifelike appearance.
- Relines and Denture Repairs: While dentures are designed to last, sometimes they experience wear and tear and need to be repaired. Dr. Bhave can address loose or broken dentures to rebuild the correct fit and feel.
- Implant–Supported Dentures: These dentures provide better stability and optimal chewing power because they are held in place using dental implants. Implant-supported dentures provide a stable fit that doesn’t slip while also stimulating the jawbone to prevent bone resorption. These dentures snap onto the dental implants or are permanently fixed into position, creating the strongest and most natural-looking dentures.
- Same-Day Dentures: In some cases, Dr. Bhave can provide same-day dentures for people who require tooth extraction for severe wear and decay. She will fabricate your custom dentures for temporary, immediate use while your final dentures are created and your gums and mouth heal from the dental work. The temporary dentures offer the same function, comfort and appearance as permanent dentures.
Are You Missing Multiple Teeth?
When multiple teeth are missing, it affects more than the appearance of your smile. The remaining teeth will shift to fill the gaps, altering your entire bite and making you more likely to lose additional teeth. A devastating domino effect happens to your oral health after one or more teeth are lost, including jawbone degradation. Your facial shape will change quickly, giving you a sunken, tired and older appearance, and the longer you wait, the more challenging it will be to fit you with dentures and restore a fully functioning mouth.
Most people with missing teeth are good candidates for dentures. It may take a little while to learn to chew and speak with your new set of teeth, but you can enjoy a sparkling, full smile for years to come.
If you are interested in dentures, contact Bay Area Dental Specialists in San Jose today to schedule your dental exam and consultation with Dr. Ashwini Bhave.